UPDATE –> I got it fixed in the end. See bottom.
Silverlight 2 beta 1 is out. I’m excited about the DeepZoom / SeaDragon technology making its way into this first beta! If you haven’t seen it, have a look at Blaise Aguera y Arcas’ presentation at TED 2007 and see it in action at the Hard Rock Memorabilia site that got some attention at MIX08. There’s a few things to install to get started developing Silverlight 2 applications:
Installing the toolkit gave me some trouble I have yet to solve:
So let’s see:
- I have VS2008 (not RTM though, the actual release version), CHECK!
- Web Authoring compent installed, CHECK!
- No old runtime of Silverlight hanging around, CHECK!
- No previous version of the SDK installed, CHECK!
- No KB949325, CHECK!
- No previous version of tools, CH…oops!
I do have this:
But I can’t seem to get rid of it!
It appears I’m not the only one encountering this. I’m not 100% sure the 1.0 Template installation blocks the VS2008 Silverlight 2 tools installation, but I have a good feeling it does.
UPDATEHere’s what needs to be done to get is working:
- Uninstall everything that appears in the Add/Remove Programs list that has the name Silverlight in it. Except for the VS2005 templates, which you apparently cannot uninstall if you no longer have VS2005.
- Get the Silverlight 2 Beta 1 Runtime and install.
- Get the Silverlight 2 Tools for VS2008 and install.
Now that was not so hard after all, was it?